Delhi has two faces—the New and the Old. Both these fronts must be visited to get a true feeling of Delhi and ‘Delhi ki sardi’. Here are five locations you should never miss if you ever visit Delhi
- Delhi Haat, INA: This permanent haat is a quintessential part of South Delhi and captures the shopping spirit in you. Lined with distinctive shops laden with interesting items from clothes to collectibles, this is the place to start the season if you are a shopaholic with distinction. You can get a test of the cultural diversity in arts, craft and textiles here. If you are exhausted, the cafes serve you niceties that can fill your new year with warmth and delicacy.
- Mehrauli Archaeological Park: A timeless place, here you will surely feel that time has stopped so that you can see both spendour and ruin together. Strongly recommended for the people who want to escape the hubbub of the city, this place with its ancient buildings will help you contemplate. The tombs will help you to learn to respect the old, the gardens will foster growth and the mosques will soothe your spirits. An ideal place for romance and romantics.
- Connaught Place: For those with more adrenaline to spare than usual, this heart of Delhi will open wide the possibilities to party hard and party harder. Dotted with exquisite party places, the fun will never stop. The spectacular lights, the buoyant brigades of revelers and endless places for exploration will be a treat for your sensual self. Do not forget to wear your party hat and put on your dancing shoes. If nothing else, you will surely learn new driving skills by trying to maneuver through the densely packed streets!
- Karim’s: What is life without spices? And what is Delhi without delving in to the rich curries and spicy mughlai cuisine at Karim’s? Bland! This is the foodie’s paradise. Karim’s is not the only one around in the Jama Masjid area serving your taste buds, but it stands out just by being Karim’s. Do ask the ‘bhaisaab’ serving you to suggest the best dishes or the specialties. After you are done with flavors, you can try out the aromas that the attar shops around serve.
- Ridge Road: For the truly romantic and solitude loving people, this is the best place to have a long, quite and charming drive. This will probably be the quietest place in Delhi on the day. If you want to spend some quality time with your dear one or with yourself, drive through this amazingly smooth road with some music enriching your senses. You can stop over at any of the local eateries for a lovely dinner or a hot cup of chai.