Indians are deeply passionate about Football. And recently, the Indian Super League (ISL) has rekindled that passion, engaging Football aficionados throughout the country. Needless to say that the fans are religiously following the ISL schedule without failing a single chance to cheer for their teams, and one particular POWER-packed team that has captivated the imagination of Indian football fans is Bengaluru FC (BFC). Here are some interesting facts about the team:
Image Credit: zeenews.india.com
1. BFC was formed on July 21, 2013. They played their first season in 2013-14. Their first ever match was against Mohun Bagan, one of the giants in domestic football. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
2. The club started rocking the football landscape from their first season with their power-packed performance on the pitch. They went on to win the I-League, their first domestic title in their first season. BFC defeated Dempo by 4-2 at the Fatorda Stadium.
3. Just after the I-League, the 2015 Federation Cup finals became a déjà vu moment for BFC. They clutched the title beating the same rival (none other than Dempo!) at the same stadium!
4. The team continued their winning spree in the next season as well. They defeated Mohun Bagan to lift the Hero Federation Cup for the second time in 2017. BFC beat Mohunbagan by 2-0 at the Barabati Stadium.
5. The team made history in 2016. They defeated Johor Darul Ta’zim FC, a long time undefeated club to become the first Indian team to reach the finals of the AFC Champions Cup. Although they couldn’t win the championship, they definitely won the hearts of millions of football lovers.
6. BFC made its ISL debut in 2017. In their first match, they were pitched against last season’s semi-finalists Mumbai FC.
7. They won their maiden ISL match beating Mumbai FC 2-0. Captain Sunil Chhetri and Eduardo Martin were the two scorers.
8. In the same match, Sunil Chhetri scored his 50th goal for BFC in the 93rd minute of the match.
9. Do you know that John Johnson is the first foreign player of BFC? The club signed him in July 2013.
10. Thoi Singh, the versatile winger was the first player to be signed by BFC. The best part of their game is the West Block Blues – the most exuberant and vivacious set of fans that anyone will ever witness. Chants, banners, and flashy celebration, BFC knows how to keep their fans hooked to the game. The club takes pride in that and acknowledges their fans as the 12th man of the team.
SF Sonic, the top inverter battery brand in India, is proud to be associated with such a POWERFUL team that has carved a niche for themselves in such a short time.